• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Westford Ma. Coin show report

4 posts in this topic

Things started out quietly, but got fairly busy after the doors opened at 9:00.

Dealers seem to be VERY selective on what they are buying off the floor. Still buying, so I guess that's a positive sign.

A few board members stopped by, and it's always enjoyable seeing the regular "crew" at the show.

I was able to buy a few neat items, including a shotgun roll of 1946 BTW Commemoratives. An older dealer that sets up nearby to me has been mentioning these coins to me (as well as numerous Morgan dollar rolls) for over a year. I always expressed interest, but made it a point to let him know that I would be more interested if he actually brought the coins in to sell. Not just the "stories". smile.gif

He brought these Commem's, as well as some Morgan rolls. These are rolls that he claims have been put away for 40+ years (I have no reason to doubt him), and I looked through a couple, and they are decent rolls. Nice 63 and 64 quality coins (mostly, but of course there is a range), but just not enough gem's to make his very steep asking price work. He also has a full PL/DMPL roll of '79-s dollars at a $3k+ asking price. Nice coins but..........

I was happy with what I was able to come away from the show with, raw and slabbed, and everyone seems positive concerning the overall market.

I believe Thomasz mentioned that he "hated" me again this month. wink.gifsmile.gif

I attached a pic of the BTW roll to the thread

915384-s1879outside.jpg.f2bb55397c19c70978f8ed118c9159d2.jpg

One thing I forgot to mention is that I'm torn with what to do with these BTW's.

1) Put the roll away for a "while".

2) Sell the roll, as is.

3) Break the roll open and pray for some gems locked inside.

4) anything else anyone may be able to think of wink.gif