• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Economy Grading Tier

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I am thinking of joining NGC so I can send directly to NGC for grading, but I have a couple of questions first. #1) Can you give me some pros and cons of joining versus having a dealer send coins for me? Do they charge a fee over and above your fee? (I don't have a dealer on your dealer list close to me.) #2) On the Economy Grading Tier it says "All non gold U.S.coins valued under $300.00. What would happen if say, I sent an 1884-cc Morgan Dollar graded MS-63 valued at $200.00 and it really grades MS-65 at $400.00 or an 1846 Lib. Seated Dollar graded VF at $280.00 but ends up EF at $425.00. ( I'm using the RED BOOK price guide prices.) Would I have to pay more for those coins? Thanks, Preston Collins

• Administrator

#1) Most authorized dealers will prescreen your coins, and pull out any problems coins or coins that might not benefit from professional certification. Dealers will also be able to properly package and ship your coins to us. Dealer and collector submissions are handled identically by NGC upon receipt.

Most dealers do not charge fees above the NGC published fee schedule, which can be found on our website:

NGC Service and Rates

If you submit the coins yourself, however, you will be able to track your submission online using the Collectors’ Society website.

#2) The examples that you have provided will not cause your submission to be “bumped” to a higher tier level. We reserve this right for more flagrant cases or repeated incidents of under-declaration.