• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1981-S Proof Kennedy 50c

22 posts in this topic

Can anyone give me info on the Type I and Type II? A friend asked me and I don't know.

I gather that one is a "Filled S" and the other is a "Clear S". Does anyone have close-ups of them? Is there any other background info that I can pass along?

The NGC Census classifies Type I & II so they must exist. The Red Book doesn't make any distinction and Coin Values doesn't list prices for a "Clear S". What gives? Where can I get pricing info for him.

Chris

Chris,

Here's a LINK to a website that has closeups of the two varieties.

As to pricing, the Type 1. is $2 and the Type 2. goes for around $15...

-Hayden

I'm not trying to nitpick, Hayden, but by any chance did you read the "Subject" of my post? Thanks for the effort, anyway!

Chris

Chris,

-Hayden

I'm not trying to nitpick, Hayden, but by any chance did you read the "Subject" of my post? Thanks for the effort, anyway!

Chris

Chris,you are getting old aren't you. smirk.gif

You would think that a guy like you would know that the 2 mintmark varieties look the same regardless of denomination.The values I quoted were for the half dollars,raw that is. poke2.gif

-Hayden

"Filled S" and "Clear S" are misnomers since either type can be clear or filled. These are actually two distinctly shaped mintmarks with the type II being far more likely to be clear. The type I is the plain S and the type II has a more bulbous top which appears to be flying away.

Chris,

-Hayden

Chris

You would think that a guy like you would know that the 2 mintmark varieties look the same regardless of denomination.The values I quoted were for the half dollars,raw that is. poke2.gif

-Hayden

Ah so! Thank you for enlightening me, grasshopper!

hail.gifhail.gifTubby-Wan Kenobi hail.gifhail.gif

Chris

"Filled S" and "Clear S" are misnomers since either type can be clear or filled. These are actually two distinctly shaped mintmarks with the type II being far more likely to be clear. The type I is the plain S and the type II has a more bulbous top which appears to be flying away.

Thanks, clad ! Victor said you would probably know.

Chris

Chris,

-Hayden

Chris

-Hayden

Chris

All is forgiven young(er,old) apprentice, but I prefer this kind of Thank You:

allhail.gif

stooges.gif

Chris,

-Hayden

Chris

-Hayden

Chris

allhail.gif

stooges.gif

Be thankful I don't show you the Caloosahatchee "up close and personal" when you visit the Edison/Ford Estate.

Chris (I'm still bigger than you are) CHOO CHOO (The Greygound Bus got lost) Machuga

Chris,

-Hayden

Chris

-Hayden

Chris

allhail.gif

stooges.gif

Be thankful I don't show you the Caloosahatchee "up close and personal" when you visit the Edison/Ford Estate.

Chris (I'm still bigger than you are) CHOO CHOO (The Greygound Bus got lost) Machuga

You might be bigger,but you lack my good looks(and full head of hair). wink.gif

and hey enough with the Greyhound buses! mad.gif I'm getting my learner's permit in a few days now... boo.gif

stooges.gif

I'm getting my learner's permit in a few days now... boo.gif

Oh god NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

893whatthe.gifpoke2.gifstooges.gif

So what will you be driving the TTT mobile 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh god NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I'd like this: link But I'm nowhere close! So anything will be better than having to just ride my bike smirk.gif

Oh god NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I'd like this: link

But I'm nowhere close! So anything will be better than having to just ride my bike smirk.gif

Oh god [bNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

But I'm nowhere close! So anything will be better than having to just ride my bike smirk.gif

Oh god NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, that's better!

Chris

There, that's better!

Hayden, it's just a hop, skip and a jump across I-4 to Windermere. Why don't you get your parents to drive you there early, early, early one morning and camp out in front of Tiger Woods' home. When his staff puts out the Buick for garbage collection, take it! Better yet, go through his garbage and pick out some "juicy tidbits". Then you can sell them on eBay and buy a Lambourghini. Is there a "u" in it?

Chris

Chris

There, that's better!

Hayden, it's just a hop, skip and a jump across I-4 to Windermere. Why don't you get your parents to drive you there early, early, early one morning and camp out in front of Tiger Woods' home. When his staff puts out the Buick for garbage collection, take it! Better yet, go through his garbage and pick out some "juicy tidbits". Then you can sell them on eBay and buy a Lambourghini. Is there a "u" in it?

Chris

Chris

Both of those sound like they may be to much power for Hayden 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now this is more like it

Marx-Big-Wheel.jpg

Yeah baby grin.gif

poke2.gifstooges.gif

There, that's better!

Chris

Chris

Man,your right! You are having posting issues.I'm not having any problems thoough.Maybe it's not the boards but your computer???

Hey I'd be happy to take one of Tiger's Buicks off his hands,legally mind you.I can't afford to lose my permit before I even gotten it! 893whatthe.gif Of course if I'm not caught... devil.gif

I very seriosly doubt "U" or "I" will ever be in a Lambourghini. wink.gif

Now if you'd sell that house of yours,you might just have a chance though... tongue.gif

There, that's better!

Chris

Chris

Both of those sound like they may be to much power for Hayden 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now this is more like it

Marx-Big-Wheel.jpg

Yeah baby grin.gif

poke2.gifstooges.gif

Travis, give your little brother back his "wheels" 893naughty-thumb.gif

There, that's better!

Chris

Chris

Man,your right! You are having posting issues.I'm not having any problems thoough.Maybe it's not the boards but your computer???

Hey I'd be happy to take one of Tiger's Buicks off his hands,legally mind you.I can't afford to lose my permit before I even gotten it! 893whatthe.gif Of course if I'm not caught... devil.gif

Now if you'd sell that house of yours,you might just have a chance though... tongue.gif

That wasn't a "timed-out session" problem. I was just trying to remove some of yours and Travis' O's & !'s so I didn't have to scroll across.

Sorry, Hayden, but I beat you to it before you were ever a twinkle in your parents' eyes. I didn't just ride in one, but I've driven it at 220 mph. That is one of the things I miss about Sunday autumn afternoons in Western Maryland.......the morning church traffic is gone....... the farmers didn't work on Sunday so they weren't driving their tractors on the road....... all the local police were at home watching the football games..............and long straightaways with banked curves.

Chris

Chris

There, that's better!

Chris

Chris

That wasn't a "timed-out session" problem. I was just trying to remove some of yours and Travis' O's & !'s so I didn't have to scroll across.

Sorry, Hayden, but I beat you to it before you were ever a twinkle in your parents' eyes. I didn't just ride in one, but I've driven it at 220 mph. That is one of the things I miss about Sunday autumn afternoons in Western Maryland.......the morning church traffic is gone....... the farmers didn't work on Sunday so they weren't driving their tractors on the road....... all the local police were at home watching the football games..............and long straightaways with banked curves.

Chris

Chris

Wow! Must have been quite a ride. cloud9.gif But,what was a guy like you doing wih a Lambourghini? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif