• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fremont Coin show. Kinda gloomy, but not doomy.

12 posts in this topic

Well, I decided to drive the 225 miles to the Fremont, CA coin show. It has always been popular and collector oriented. Nice drive, not too hot, not too cold, just right. Arrived about 1:30PM and searched specifically for a couple of foreign dealers. i discovered that they decided to attend the Florence, OR show instead. Kinda glooomy. frown.gif Then, I perused the bourse and took my time looking in everyone's showcase. I found a couple of nice $2 star notes, looked for some Mexico, and discovered some nice little gems within a couple of boxes. I stopped at a dealer's case who had several original commems. A 1926S oregon trail stood out, raw, very, very original. I bought it. Not gloomy. thumbsup2.gif Most of the collectors had disappeared by 4:00PM. Overall a nice show, not a lot of fresh material though. Kinda gloomy. frown.gif My friend invited me to a super chinese dinner. Very, very good food. Very ungloomy. 893applaud-thumb.gif I was really tired and drove home.

I find the Bay Area to have a constant supply of quality collector shows. Even though there are two Santa Clara conventions per year which supply the area with the higher powered and scarcer material, the smaller club shows support the community quite well. thumbsup2.gif

Next week, Arcadia, CA.

TRUTH

Thanks for your ongoing reports, Truth. Watch out for those mood swings wink.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Truth,

You've sold your soul to the establishment and have lost your lustre!! Don't let Braddick influence your writing. Your outlook is what added spice to the reading. I'm dead serious. Give some flare, bro! Give us your tired & your wretched views, your gloom & doom, for us huddled masses are yearning to be free!

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

Read in the entrance to the CIA HQ's in Langley, Virginia

Are you planning on attending the Arcadia show, Pat?
No my ankle braclet won't allow me to leave that far from home.

Translation: ankle braclet =

spouse crazy.gif

Translation: ankle braclet =

spouse crazy.gif

27_laughing.gif I didn't need the translation. Add a kid to the spouse and it's like being hog tied. foreheadslap.gif

"Translation: ankle braclet = spouse"

893naughty-thumb.gif This sounds very doomy.

TRUTH

Still beats being single where your best friends are three cats who actually prefer when you do leave the house and go to a coin show. poke2.gif

TRUTH

Still beats being single where your best friends are three cats who actually prefer when you do leave the house and go to a coin show. poke2.gif

Good lord, man. I have three dogs. How long have you been on this forum anyway? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

TRUTH

Good lord, man. I have three dogs. How long have you been on this forum anyway? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

"The First Official Board Member" screwy.gif