• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Key Date German (Empire) 5 Pfenning

12 posts in this topic

A 1903-G (Karlsruhe mint) German 5 Pfennig. This is a key date in this series which was struck from 1890-1915 (and 6 mint). It catalogs at $300 in BU and is one of the finest graded examples for the entire series.

This coin has a mintage of 610,000, which is one of the lowest for the entire series. It was stored for decades in a Kraft-type coin envelope and developed amazing color. The obverse has several shades of amazing blues and golds among other colors. The reverse has many of the same colors, but they are not nearly as vivid and vibrant as the obverse.

2750177-009.jpg

Looks like that coin would make a lovely addition to this set. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd have given it to you, but I noticed you already had a KM-11 in your set. Since you're greedy, it's full retail at $750 (free shipping).

Looks like that coin would make a lovely addition to this set. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd have given it to you, but I noticed you already had a KM-11 in your set. Since you're greedy, it's full retail at $750 (free shipping).

27_laughing.gif Have you been sniffing the jeweluster fumes again?

1) It cats at $300 in BU. This is an MS66 making it worth at least 2x cat.

2) It is monster toned, so it's worth a lot more than that.

3) I know how much you want it, so I'll offer it to you when you're flush with cash. yay.gif

4) You'll probably end up owning it...if I ever decide to sell it.

Why waste time with the whacky Krause values, go all the way for the full moneytrend insanity!

Why waste time with the whacky Krause values, go all the way for the full moneytrend insanity!

220E in MoneyTrend for st grade. So $750 is a fair price.

220E in MoneyTrend for st grade. So $750 is a fair price.

German coinage has been hot. You should bump your pricing to $1000 in anticipation of future gains. thumbsup2.gif

JamminJ, it's your fault that you did not keep it while you had the chance (when you were taking photos of it). It seems like a fair deal to me for all these nice pictures. Or you could have simply said that you lost it. Or that little Augustus swallowed it. Or that 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

JamminJ, it's your fault that you did not keep it while you had the chance (when you were taking photos of it). It seems like a fair deal to me for all these nice pictures. Or you could have simply said that you lost it. Or that little Augustus swallowed it. Or that 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Now that I know this, I don't feel so bad about telling you that your 1570 German thaler was also lost. confused-smiley-013.gif I guess that is a fair trade..er..loss. confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Now that I know this, I don't feel so bad about telling you that your 1570 German thaler was also lost. confused-smiley-013.gif I guess that is a fair trade..er..loss. confused-smiley-013.gif

Good thing I didn't hand over the rest of the stack for grading. foreheadslap.gif