• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monster Toned, Rare Date, Superb Condition, Stunning Vatican Coin

13 posts in this topic

This is a 1941 Vatican 10 Lire. The design is a 3-year type with a total combined mintage of 24,000 for all three dates. This is the key date and it has a mintage of only 4,000 pieces.

The reverse is completely toned in amazing colors with a wonderful mixture of golds, red, and blues. The obverse exhibits the same colors, but not to the same extent.

With such a tiny mintage and the fact that these coins actually circulated, this has got to be one of the finest surviving examples and without a doubt one of the prettiest examples in existence. I was blown away when I first saw it several years ago and it's been in my collection ever since.

2750116-004.jpg

I was blown away when I first saw it several years ago and it's been in my collection ever since.

And you only decided to slab it now? confused-smiley-013.gif

Nope, I slabbed it a few years ago. I just decided to let the world see it now. smile.gif

I was blown away when I first saw it several years ago and it's been in my collection ever since.

And you only decided to slab it now? confused-smiley-013.gif

Nope, I slabbed it a few years ago. I just decided to let the world see it now. smile.gif

The world thanks you.

Frustrating. The picture linky now appears to be broken. Any chance of reposting from another copy?

Beijim

It's still there in the first post. Try refreshing the page.