• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Sets - Getting world coins on the NGC Registry

24 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello all,

We've got a new feature in the registry called Signature Sets. If you haven't read the announcement, check it out. It'll be an excellent way to share world coins online, since it can be tough to define a world coin set given all the diverse ways people collect. Check it out:

Article:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Number=884728

Signature Sets:

http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SignatureSetCategory.aspx

I took the plunge, comments are welcome!.

It's actually quite fun, I think once I finish with this one I'll add some sets along my other collection themes. thumbsup2.gif

That is awesome. The photos and descriptions are great!

Maybe I'll go ahead with my George V Canadian type collection. Now if only I can learn how to take good photos... confused-smiley-013.gif

• Administrator

Hey Jammin,

VERY inventive use of the gallery function on this set:

http://www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/ViewPersonalCollection.aspx?UserCollectionID=29

We loved this idea at the show!

I just started my first world Signature Set Registry , even though I don't have most of my coins slabbed not do I have decent photos. I'm a long way away from being able to list all the coins in the set, though I am only missing a few. Shall I cave in and get them sl*bbed?

Shall I cave in and get them sl*bbed?

Planning on selling any?

Not any time soon.

Then why slab? You've always seemed more of an album and airtite guy to me.

Shall I cave in and get them sl*bbed?

Planning on selling any?

Not any time soon.

Then why slab? You've always seemed more of an album and airtite guy to me.

I'll bet his alibi's are always airtite. thumbsup2.gif

Oooh! Cap'n'Rays! Fun series :) Would make one hell of a registry set, too.

The legend under the cap tells you the mint. It goes : "8R.[mint mark].[year],[assayer initials].10Ds.20Gs."

Go is Guanajuato Mint

Zs is Zacatecas Mint

I'll look-up more information about these specific (over)dates once I get home. Nice close-up pictures. Did you use a microscope?

1832 GO

1885/75 G? or GO

1888 Z or ZS

1832 Go MJ - This year continues with the die style of 1830-1843. On one die the 1 was first punched upside down and then corrected. Rarity: Common. The 1 over inverted 1 in the date is very scarce.

1885 Go RR - This date continues with the die style of 1873-1886. Rarity: Common. Varieties: 1885 Second 8/7 RR - Overdate; 1885 RR - Normal Date

1888 Zs FZ - Die style of 1887-1897. Rarity: Common as a date. The overdate is very rare. Varieties: 1888/7 FZ - Overdate; 1888 FZ - Normal Date.

~Roman.