• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pan-Pac 1915 can't find type!

3 posts in this topic

I have a 1915 Pan-Pac Commemerative coin but, I can't find the type to save my life. It isn't gold and it isn't silver. I would guess it's bronze and the picture doesn't fall under any I've seen so far and I've spied all over the registry and I don't even see a Commemerative catagory that would cover this type of coin. HELP! It's a gorgeous coin(in my opinion) with the Lousiana Building on one side and the San Francisco 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition words circling it and on the other side is another beautifully detailed castle/building and a circle with a bird in a nest feeding her three young and the words For Louisiana Exposition Fund....Union Justice Confidence circling all of that(sorry for the run on sentences).

Please help. How can I find anything out about this coin or, do you have any information. The strike and detail is great and it has been sealed probably since my husbands great-grandfather bought it. confused-smiley-013.gif

It sounds like what you have is actually a token. The best reference book on the subject is So-Called Dollars by Hibler and Kappen and is out of print, but you may be able to find a copy on Ebay or searching places like Amazon. If you are only looking for help on this one piece, I would suggest a post on our U.S. coin forums for someone who might have a copy of the book and could give you specific details on your token. Also, if you have a picture available to upload, I could give you more help.

Thanks,