• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medals & Multi-coin Holders

6 posts in this topic

I have acquired some of the ANA Convention 3-medal sets and have a few questions before I submit them:

1) Do I use the standard submission form?

2) Is there a particular "Tier" I should use?

3) Since they have no denomination, how should I classify them? By metallic composition and/or diameter?

4) Is the Sheldon Scale used for medals, too?

5) What information would routinely be noted on the insert?

6) Are notations such as PL and DMPL sometimes used to describe a medal?

7) Could I request that additional information be noted on the insert? For example, "89th Anniversary Convention - Cincinnati, Ohio"

8) It is conceivable that I may need to include more information than can possibly fit in the small spaces on the submission form. Would it be advisable to attach a cover letter to explain?

Did I say I had a few questions?!!!!

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I spoke with Brian Silliman, our resident token expert, and he said we aren't currently grading or holdering ANA medals.

Thanks,

This is confusing to me. NGC is the official grading service of the ANA, yet you won't grade and encapsulate their medals. Why?

Chris

It is simply a choice on our part to not holder the ANA medals currently. Not trying to be smart in my response, but our choice to encapsulate any medal or token is completely independent of any affiliation we have with the ANA.

Thanks,

Andrew, I appreciate your candor and I am not offended by your remarks. Unfortunately, I am becoming slightly frustrated trying to find some unique way to take advantage of the multi-coin holder. I thought I recalled reading that NGC was working on a holder that could be used for more than five coins. Is this still in the planning stage?

Thanks,

Chris