• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got a nice feedback on eBay today

9 posts in this topic

Coin exactly like advertised-shipped fast! Packed like it was glass-Thanks

It's satisfying to get comments like this. Having had all sorts of trouble with bubble mailers, most anything I send out over $50 goes in a box. This item was a GSA CC Morgan, and these are prone to being cracked in bubble mailers.

Another satisfied customer of K6AZ's bullet proof packing! smirk.gif

Eric, what kind of boxes did you use and where can one buy them?

-mark

Mark, for GSAs, brown Ikes and proof sets I use regular corrugated 9x5x3 boxes. These run about 25¢ each depending on how many you buy. I wrap the item in bubble wrap, then fill the rest of the space with peanuts. I use Uline for boxes, but there are several other firms that you can buy from online.

I usually use those priority USPS boxes and lots of bubble wrap. But now that there are more regs allowing USPS to inspect packages, not sure how that will affect my shipping.

I don't use the priority boxes unless what I am shipping is over 13 ounces. It's just a waste of money most of the time. Even considering the cost of the boxes, you come out ahead using first class.

Very true Eric. First class for packages is the best route to go. Parcel post is cheaper but it takes anywhere from 7-14 days to arrive and most buyers don't prefer to wait the time difference for money difference involved.

I've been using the 5 1/2"4"X1 1/4" and the next size up Ready Post USPS boxes for quite some time. Excellent for almost any numismatic item.

I'm cheap! I save all of the boxes I get from the U.S. Mint. Their shipping labels peel off real easy and they come in assorted sizes.

Six bananas, David, not four! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

yay.gifC yay.gifH yay.gifR yay.gifI yay.gifS yay.gif

I think a lot of people I ship to like the fact that they can reuse the boxes too.

I got another good one yesterday, nice to see people getting a little creative:

"Wow! Shipped so fast I thought Superman delivered."