• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sometimes I like them old and crusty

9 posts in this topic

That's the biggest half dime I've ever seen! 893whatthe.gif

Great little piece. I like the 53 with arrows variety. Amazing that the Mint reduced the weight of all the silver denominations but the dollar that year due to increasing prices of silver and widespread melting of coinage for specie value. Meanwhile, the dollar was being cashed in for $106 on the $100 face. screwy.gif

Hoot

It is something about just nice old worn circ. "un-messed with" coins!

You got that right. I bought that coin from a local dealer, buried among tons of the typical scrubbed seated liberty type.

That's a beautiful, original coin. The entire Seated series is fairly scarce when truly original.

Amazing that the Mint reduced the weight of all the silver denominations but the dollar that year due to increasing prices of silver and widespread melting of coinage for specie value. Meanwhile, the dollar was being cashed in for $106 on the $100 face. screwy.gif

I'm surprised you would find that amazing, Hoot, after all, it is our US Mint we are talking about, right? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif