• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Westford Ma. Coin show report

4 posts in this topic

Got to the show a touch late this morning (I like to get to the show VERY early), but didn't expect too much to be going on, so took my time.

With the predicted forecast of 90+ degrees, and school just getting out and Chicago during the week, I figured nothing would be doing here.

Well, I was wrong. smile.gif Don't get me wrong, it wasn't knockdown, dragout busy, but it was brisk, and much busier than I nor many others predicted.

No specific series seemed to be being sought out, although I have been having good results with Commem's, some Morgans, and Buffalo nickels. I also sold a nice mix of type coins today. Any piece of gold that I had in my case disappeared today as well. smile.gif I wouldn't read too, too much into that only because I usually only have a limited amount of gold hanging around.

The usual suspects stopped by my table (Toneddollars, 09-svdb and Sadysta)

Met board member "Oney" from the pcgs boards and it was nice to see GoYankees up here again.

The place cleared out quickly, after lunch, and the only out of the ordinary thing I noticed was that it was busy, for the time of year AND the weather, and that many dealers commented on having recently purchased "sets" from customers and some larger "collections".

That's it, short and sweet. smile.gif

If I remember anything else, I'll toss it in later.

Thanks Darin!

BTW As soon as I got home, I gave those 1998-P Jeffs an acetone bath. This was my first experience with PVC. The results were instantaneous. All three are now shiny and lusterous. I paid nothing for them and they all have 6FS but I don't think that they'll grade higher than MS 63-64. I think I found several quality Roosies that should get an FT designation. It seems that 1968-Ds and 1981-(P&D)s are well struck as dimes go.

Looking forward to the Auburn show 7/10/05.

-mark