• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Camera brand collectors use most

What camera do you use?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. What camera do you use?

24 posts in this topic

We all use different cameras but I thought it would be interesting to see the mix of cameras people use for their coin pics. Myself, I use a Kodak Z740 which is a wonderful camera with a nice big glass lens. But I've also used Ricoh and Nikon.

FD91 Mavica Sony. I believe it's almost 5 years old and works ok.

I use to think this camera was still a $700 camera but I just checked, it's down to $150! 893whatthe.gif But I only paid $270 when it was a $1000 camera. I see there is a FD97 on ebay, perhaps I should upgrade. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Leo

Coolpix 950! The ONLY problem I have with it is that it can't take "timer" shots in Macro mode. Which is really dumb when you think about it. They fixed this mistake in later models I believe...

jom

I use a Canon (with one N)! 893whatthe.gif It's a G2 with a macro tube and lens for closeups and I've been very satisfied with its results. Still, thoughts of a better one for really close closeups is never far from my mind. My Digital Blue QX-3 is very good for mms but the detail quality is very lacking. Very handy to have tho.

I use a Canon (with one N)! 893whatthe.gif It's a G2 with a macro tube and lens for closeups and I've been very satisfied with its results. Still, thoughts of a better one for really close closeups is never far from my mind. My Digital Blue QX-3 is very good for mms but the detail quality is very lacking. Very handy to have tho.

The 4300 I bought in early 2003 was fixed, and using the timer is the only way to go in macro with coins.

Yeah, sorry about the Canon. I didn't realize that the poll options here are different than across the street. Also didn't know you can't edit them after you make them. ARGH! You'll have to vote each time you want to see the results which basically makes it useless.

>The 4300 I bought in early 2003 was fixed, and using the timer is the only way to go in macro with coins.

When I first got started I found this to be true but with my new one I have continuous autofocus and the timer just isn't necessary anymore for me.

I used to have a sony mavica floppy with an optional close up lens. It was fantastic for coins. Never once did I need to resize a photo!

Now I have an Oly5060. It's got more features than I have any clue how to use and works GREAT for coins and for family.

The 4300 I bought in early 2003 was fixed, and using the timer is the only way to go in macro with coins.

Actually, I believe the 990 or 995 also fixed this problem.

However, it certainly is the "way to go" with macro but there are other ways. In fact, I've taken virtually ALL my pics with this camera in macro mode without the delay timer. I did have to buy one of those shutter release cables. It is a good solution to the problem I had....what else could I do? confused-smiley-013.gif

jom

Coolpix 950! The ONLY problem I have with it is that it can't take "timer" shots in Macro mode. Which is really dumb when you think about it. They fixed this mistake in later models I believe...

jom

I have a 5 sec timer, I don't need to hold the camera at all to take the pictures. headbang.gif

Leo

I voted "Canon", but think you've mispelled it... I used to have a SONY, but was never satisfied with the quality of its images. In fact, if I may go on a tangent here, I have never had a lot of luck with Sony products.

James

I voted "Canon", but think you've mispelled it... I used to have a SONY, but was never satisfied with the quality of its images. In fact, if I may go on a tangent here, I have never had a lot of luck with Sony products.

James

I agree,however they've shaped up and some of their newer cameras that I've looked at are of excellent quality,just not good closeups...

Kodak

5 12%

Nikon

10 24%

Olympus

6 15%

Ricoh

1 02%

HP

1 02%

Cannon

10 24%

Sony

4 10%

Fuji

0 0%

Minolta

0 0%

Other Camera Brand

0 0%

No Camera/View Results

4 10%

Wonder why some people can't see the results. They show for me.
Hmm, I wonder if the anti-ad stuff is filtering it out?

That or software firewall settings. I don't use any firewall software, I use the hardware firewall in my router.