• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 large print?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2024 at 8:34 AM, Gibneyham said:

I need help identifying this penny, I do have a scale that was calibrated and even weighed it and it came to 3.11 but with it being large print I just need to know if it's worth keeping. TYIA!

Welcome to the forum, just a point of clarification, coins are not printed so the term large print is incorrect.   There are large and small dates not prints, as written above the coin is worth face value but would be a good coin if you are starting a coin folder or album.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

You have a 1982 D Large Date Lincoln Memorial cent with a weight of 3.11g which is the ideal weight for a copper alloy coin of this date. There were 6,012,979,368 of these minted. Availing yourself of a copy of a book titled A Guide Book of United States Coins, 2025 commonly called the Red Book, would have given you this information as well as a "base" price for this coin.

You can keep any coin you like. There is nothing in this hobby that tells anyone you cannot keep something that interests you. As already noted, this might be a good album candidate. From a collectability standpoint, however, due to the exceptionally high mintage of these cents, of which many were kept by the roll segregated by year and mint by roll collectors, this cent is not valued unless it is in superb condition and red in color.