• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quarter raised edges and flat where should be perforated
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I ended up with this quarter about 10 years ago I always hung on to it because it seemed kind of odd to me was looking for an opinion on what you guys think I'm no professional by any means but I definitely save all my weird change I have about three one gallon bags full of odd change Eisenhower dollars bunch of random stuff I just don't know enough about the coins but I definitely check everything. I work at a gas station so lots and lots of change run through my hands daily so I get to essentially Farm the change drawer throughout the day take a look at this quarter and tell me what you think.

20241024_114305.jpg

20241024_114300.jpg

20241024_114256.jpg

Welcome to the forum

This is the forum for Registered sets, you should have posted this in the Newbie forum,    
I have asked a mod to move it. 
To answer your question, the reeding has been removed after it left the mint and is considered damage.   
There is no way that could happen while it was struck in collar.

Welcome to the NGC chat board. In the future, please post topics with questions like this on the "Newbie Coin Collecting Questions" forum.

Your 1965-98 era Washington quarter--an image of the obverse would have been helpful--has been "spooned", meaning that the edge was flattened and raised by being beaten on by a metal object after the coin left the mint, so it is not a mint error. See the following topic:

If you think that a coin has collector value, you should not touch it with your bare hands, except by its edges if you must.

On 10/24/2024 at 12:09 PM, Greenstang said:

Welcome to the forum

This is the forum for Registered sets, you should have posted this in the Newbie forum,    
I have asked a mod to move it. 
To answer your question, the reeding has been removed after it left the mint and is considered damage.   
There is no way that could happen while it was struck in collar.

Sorry