• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1984 p quarter
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Like always, I "collect" coins which are attractive or different to me, my posts are to gain better understanding of my find. Monetary value isn't what I'm after, Im not trying to find coins to make any sort of profit so IDC if it's only worth face value or not worth saving to you. 

1984 P mint quarter... I've looked at a bunch of others and still can't decide if this thing is actually an error. Im leaning towards yes because there doesn't seem to be consistent ware to anything immediately around/beside it.

Screenshot_20241015-085546.png

Screenshot_20241015-085700.png

Collecting what is “different” is your right, but it makes no sense to the rest of the hobby. What you are doing is collecting the worst coins.

Edited by VKurtB

Many of these quarters were struck with weakness in that motto due to the mint's wicked overuse of the dies they were using to strike these in the hundreds of millions. Between that, circulation hits, and circulation wear, there is nothing really out of the ordinary on this coin. What made you believe this is an error coin?