• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 1884 CC GSA Leave in case or take out?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have 2 1884 cc GSAs, Both are marked uncirculated.

Boxes and COA are in really good condition.

My question is...... Should I take them out of their GSA Case?

I have seen where 1884 cc graded MS 61 sell for more the the one ones in the GSA Case.

I would hate to destroy the history of these coins.  I am only going to keep one of them and sell the other one,

I as well would definitely NOT remove them from the GSA holders. As noted by Coinbuf, these sell for slightly higher premiums in those holders and can be graded in them. The other reason to not remove them from the GSA holders is the exposure to the environment and possible damage removing them, and possible unattractive toning developing after removing them as they will then need to be handled for whatever the removal purpose is. There is no need to risk exposing the coin to these adverse conditions. Understandably, the holders are large, but I would accommodate them accordingly in whatever storage method you use and keep them in the OGP.