• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have what I believe to be a military badge
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I’m trying to identify a medal and have it authenticated if it is a military medal. I believe it’s very early 

I found it metal detecting on the Erie Canal in Lockport along with other British military badges 

does ngc do this 

can anyone identify this badge or tag?

IMG_1485.jpeg

Hello and welcome to the forum!

There are some people here who are into medals. I am not but, just wanted to reply so you know there are people reading your thread.

What I will state that is quite obvious to me is that this medal has a mount on it for a chain to be put through, so this was once a necklace. I am not sure but I don't think NGC would grade it with the mount attached, and even if you yourself, or have someone else remove the mount, if NGC were to grade it, it would be graded as Details - Mount Removed.

I do know of this list of medals and tokens NGC will grade and have provided you the link to this list here.

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/2550/NGC-US-WORLD-TOKENS-MEDALS/

It states if it is not on the list to contact NGC customer service and inquire as they are always revising this list and may certify things not currently on the list.

As for identifying your medal, I am sorry but I am at a loss there. I am mostly into US coins with some dabbling in World Coins and a slim segment of my collection in Ancients.