• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coins Certified by CAC
2 2

4 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2024 at 9:38 PM, Barrett .50 Cal said:

Is there away to add coins certified by CAC to my registry?

Currently no, you can add them to your inventory and use them in custom sets but not in the competitive registry.   

Edited by Coinbuf

• Administrator

Hello @Barrett .50 Cal.

Thank you for your interest. NGC has not yet made any decision about whether to accept CAC-graded coins in the NGC Registry. If and when there is a decision to accept CAC-graded/slabbed coins, we will post an announcement at that time.

For coins with a CAC sticker:

Since June 2023, the NGC Registry software program has been unable to use the automated connection to CAC’s tool to verify whether a coin has received a CAC sticker. As such, we can no longer recognize a CAC sticker in the NGC Registry. 

Effective July 25, 2023, CAC-stickered coins receive the same point score in the NGC Registry as coins certified by NGC and PCGS. This includes CAC coins that were already in the NGC Registry receiving a score "bonus;" those "extra" points for the CAC sticker have been removed. This change helps to ensure a more level playing field for all participants in the NGC Registry.

That’s not good, but I don’t understand how pedigrees and signature labels and etc.. do not add any bonus values. It would seem that if a participant pays for the extra value labeled coin or that pays the premium for a CAC sticker or CACG coin should receive some kind of bonus for their extra special coins. Why would anyone strive for extra credentials and pay extra fees for their coins if they don’t even matter anymore in competition???  I am very disappointed with PCGS not accepting NGC coins or CAC because the three of you guys are considered the best. No one in front of the other, but then again CAC is supposed to be a higher standard of grading. I know that you guys have meetings or talk to each other. Seems like y'all could work it all out. I think others would agree with me on this. Or like CACG Registry, they have their exclusive CAC sets and they have their Universal Sets that accept all three. They are really ahead of the game here!!  But I fully support that a registry’s points system should give credit where credit is due!! 
Thank You Guys!!