• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can i get a # Grade on a Clipped coin?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have a Rare 1661 Spanish Empire King Phillip IV Coin that appears to be clipped and may come back AU Details clipped. I would like a # grade. Can you make an exception and give the coin a # grade, and the word clipped I'd you have to?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/176545748380?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=bsBg8GRuT_q&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=iSOqu3gIRbm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMS

• Administrator

Hello! 

Unfortunately, this would be up to our graders who would need the coin in hand to review. That said, it is unlikely if the coin is clipped that it would receive anything but a details grade. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for checking. 

Regards, 

On 10/4/2024 at 11:33 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello! 

Unfortunately, this would be up to our graders who would need the coin in hand to review. That said, it is unlikely if the coin is clipped that it would receive anything but a details grade. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for checking. 

Regards, 

Can u include a not with the coin, to ask for a # grade, and if they have to include "clipped" it's A OK. And can you vouch for me thru a name or ID # to include in note?