• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 dryer penny?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2024 at 2:52 AM, l.cutler said:

Well it's just damaged, not an error.  How it got damaged is anyone's guess.  

OP,

Do you find this kind of answer less than satisfying? I’m seriously asking, and for a reason. Why? Because forever, virtually no one in this hobby has ever cared what caused a coin’s damage. It was, “oops, damaged, throw it aside”. Now suddenly, seemingly out of thin air, THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of brand spanking new aficionados want to have a total history of every ill that has befallen each coin. Let me speak for the hobby. “Why would you, or anyone else, care?” We honestly don’t get it. We SUSPECT you’ve probably been misled by something or somebody, likely a completely useless YouTube video, but we want, nay, NEED TO KNOW. We’d like to purge our hobby of the charlatans that are infecting our hobby. 

Speaking for just myself, you do not have a lamination error coin. A dryer coin would be much more plausible for this cent, but typically it is often difficult if not impossible to say exactly how a coin receives damage.