• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New account
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Generally, your coin should have a market value of at least $200 to make the cost of shipping and "grading" by NGC, or other legitimate businesses, worthwhile.

If you post sharp, cropped photos of a coin you want to have graded, members might be able to provide information.

Contact NGC Customer Service and request a few Submission Forms, if you haven't done so already. 

Read the form and fill it out carefully and completely.

Be sure to give the form your undivided attention, follow its instructions, and you should be okay. Do NOT clean your coins. Good luck with your submissions!

On 10/2/2024 at 3:54 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Contact NGC Customer Service and request a few Submission Forms, if you haven't done so already. 

Read the form and fill it out carefully and completely.

Be sure to give the form your undivided attention, follow its instructions, and you should be okay. Do NOT clean your coins. Good luck with your submissions!

I’m starting to get an idea that might help all three major TPGS firms (only three matter now or have for years). I could do a Money Talks presentation showing how to fill out a TPGS form. It fills an OBVIOUS need (unfortunately), would help alleviate the congestion at the TPGS’ tables with newbs, and would help with nervousness. The downside is the target audience isn’t likely to attend large shows. That’s THEIR fault. 

A TPGS form is no more complicated than an IRS 1040EZ form.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

On 10/2/2024 at 11:34 AM, Prince414 said:

do I need to pay in order to ship out my coin and get a grading for it?

If you are asking if you have to pay for a grading service to encapsulate your coin with a grade on a label inside the slab, the answer is yes.

However, this is not the only fee or money associated with having a coin(s) professionally graded. You first have to pay a membership fee that can range anywhere from $25-$250. You have to pay for domestic registered insured shipping to the grading service. You have to pay for the grading tier for the coin(s) submitted as well as mint error or variety fees and any add on services if you wish to utilize those. You have to pay an administration (handling) fee. And you have to pay the return shipping costs to get your coin(s) back.