• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't understand...
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I got my first submission back today. I don't understand why neither coin was encapsulated. All it says is corrosion, but you can very clearly tell what each coin is. I see others that have been fine detail graded with corrosion. 

I don't understand why these didn't get encapsulated. I see active corrosion as a reason not to encapsulate, but that there is a service to abate active corrosion. These aren't labeled active corrosion, just corrosion. 

I just wish I knew enough about coins and the service to have not wasted 42$ on each coin. 

IMG_20241001_214339_194.jpg

• Administrator

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. I see you are currently working with our customer service team regarding this. Thanks for reaching out to them directly!

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Regards, 

If I may offer an opinion here: as you're obviously aware, the 1909s Indian is one of the keys to the series. And any Fugio cent is pricey even in the lowest grades. That being the case, both of these are likely targets of counterfeiters. It's possible that the graders were not able to see enough fine detail and/or die markers to determine if the coins were genuine. Of course, this is all just a guess on my part, since I can't see how much corrosion is actually on the coins.

I hope customer service can work things out to your satisfaction.