• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Liberty Silver quarter I’m in need of info
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Recommendations for what?   This is not a "Liberty" quarter, it is referred to as a Washington quarter as it has the portrait of George Washington on the obv.   I'd say that your coin grades as MS63 or MS64, very common coin and has a value of somewhere around $15 full retail.

Edited by Coinbuf

On 9/30/2024 at 3:18 PM, Mbk-Rico said:

I also have a 1964 1931 quarters silver of course what makes them valuable

This is not fully correct.   Yes for some dates and for circulated coinage the bulk of the value is the silver bullion value, as I type this the silver melt value of a Washington quarter is approx. $5.67.

image.thumb.png.73b18f22e2c4a96927f59e92b543a6b6.png

So for an uncirculated coin like your 1941 two thirds of the value is numismatic premium not bullion value.   Your 1964 quarter would very likely be valued close to this bullion/melt value as it has very little numismatic premium unless in exceptional condition. 

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I would say this quarter would grade as AU 55. Currently in the NGC price guide, a 1941 Washington Quarter lists for $7.25. I would expect a dealer to give you less and that is if they would even be interested in purchasing it. Most dealers would not want a common issue such as this as a raw coin unless it was at least in MS which I do not believe this coin to be. I see wear on the obverse in George's hair, and on the reverse in the eagles breast feathers and wing tops and tips which are the typical wear points for these coins.

If there is any other info you would like about this coin, you will need to be more specific.

Hope this helps!