• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gold Lincoln cent? Found in loomis roll
1 1

7 posts in this topic

There is nothing "gold" about this 1972-D cent. The porosity of its surface and its weak details suggest that it was exposed to a corrosive substance such as acid.

Doesn't look gold on my screen, however if it does appear gold in hand the likely reason is it was painted or plated as a novelty item.

Acid corroded junk. No likeness to gold....not even on a cable TV "gem and jewelry" show.

Nevertheless, I am prepared to make you the following attractive offer: a chance to double your money: 2c. 🤣

Welcome!

What makes you think this is colored gold? Is it because the color is lighter than many common circulated cents around this age which may be more of a chocolate brown?

Copper can change many colors depending on the effects of circulation, environment, people's skin oils, etc. I am just wondering why your claim is that this one is gold.