• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Available labels for a 5 coin submission.
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hello to you all,

I have never made a submission before, but I'm getting my first one ready. Just a small 5 coin one. My question is about the labels. After doing some quick reading, it looks like the only label available to me is the standard brown. Everything else seems to be for bulk subs. Am I wrong? Please tell me I'm wrong. I figured I'd just ask because my MS really messes with my eyes and I can only read for about 3-4 minutes per hour, very annoying. 

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Billy

Although there are a few special labels that are available to all submitters, they are only available for particular types or issues of coins. See NGC Special Labels | NGC (ngccoin.com). You will have to click on the particular icon to see what if any coins you have might be eligible. Even in those cases, it appears there would be an additional $8 per coin fee. 

I recommend that you collect coins, not labels on grading service holders.

I believe that for a submission of a single coin you are pretty much limited to the standard brown label, which I actually prefer as it makes my collection seem more uniform and it's cheaper. I would also like to add that submitting a single coin is such a waste of money, you'd probably get a better deal if you had a local coin shop or dealer send the coin in for you. The added benefit to that is that the dealer will probably send it in with a bulk submission which in that case he might pick out a special label, not that you would get to choose. You could also just leave the coin as is or possibly buy an already graded example. 

On 9/23/2024 at 5:48 PM, Sandon said:

Although there are a few special labels that are available to all submitters, they are only available for particular types or issues of coins. See NGC Special Labels | NGC (ngccoin.com). You will have to click on the particular icon to see what if any coins you have might be eligible. Even in those cases, it appears there would be an additional $8 per coin fee. 

I recommend that you collect coins, not labels on grading service holders.

Thanks very much for your input. I appreciate it. And you are right about the label, it's the coin that matters.

On 9/23/2024 at 5:49 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

I believe that for a submission of a single coin you are pretty much limited to the standard brown label, which I actually prefer as it makes my collection seem more uniform and it's cheaper. I would also like to add that submitting a single coin is such a waste of money, you'd probably get a better deal if you had a local coin shop or dealer send the coin in for you. The added benefit to that is that the dealer will probably send it in with a bulk submission which in that case he might pick out a special label, not that you would get to choose. You could also just leave the coin as is or possibly buy an already graded example. 

Thank you very much. You gave me something to think about. Going to a coin dealer is a great idea. I'm not sending in 1 coin, but 5, maybe a few more. There's a lot more to the grading process than I ever imagined. I have quite a bit to learn here.

Have great night!  

On 9/23/2024 at 6:24 PM, BillyC41 said:

Thank you very much. You gave me something to think about. Going to a coin dealer is a great idea. I'm not sending in 1 coin, but 5, maybe a few more. There's a lot more to the grading process than I ever imagined. I have quite a bit to learn here.

Have great night!  

Yes , most of the members think it unwise for someone new to submit coins for grading. If you cannot grade a coin yourself, you may be spending a great deal of money to find out why your coins are not as nice as you think they are?