• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1994 D Lincoln Memorial Penny
1 1

3 posts in this topic

For starters here, NEVER lay a coin you believe to have some value flat on your skin. You will impart your skin oils to the reactive copper plating on this cent and cause it to develop unattractive toning as well as mild surface damage to the reactive copper plating. If you must handle a coin with your fingers, make sure you have clean hands and  ALWAYS handle coins by their edges!!!

Second, for me to comment on the condition on the reverse of your coin (or obverse for that matter), please provide cropped photos of your coin. We don't need to see that much of your fingers. Sans better photos, I do not think you have any doubling condition on the reverse of your cent. The reverse is struck good so those are parts of the image as seen on every cent of this year and mintmark. I denote the area at the center of the memorial which appears to be "filled in" is also normal of many of these cents of this year and mintmark and is even similar to the one pictured in NGC Coin Explorer. The cent you have, however, appears to be roughly abraded on the reverse which could be numerous hairlines from an improper cleaning, or could be damage from circulation. Overall this cent is mildly circulated, and the vertical "ribs" of the columns of the memorial have been worn smooth.

I see some minor split plate doubling on the obverse around the date numerals and mintmark which adds no value to this cent.