• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Business up front, die deterioration in the back? [1975 dime]
1 1

6 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2024 at 3:40 PM, Greenstang said:

No, impossible for that damage to happen during the striking of the coin.

Objection!  Unresponsive!  No one claimed any such "damage" happened "during the striking" of the coin.  The aggrieved party simply inquired as to whether it was "caused at the mint."

Sustained.  The jury is directed to disregard the response and the reporter shall strike it from the record...

Adhering to the local Rules on Evidence, I maintain it is impossible to state conclusively, much less with any degree of certainty, how or where or whether said damage to the coin was "caused" over one-half century ago "at" a U.S. Mint facility, absent clear and convincing evidence or proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Case dismissed on the merits, without prejudice to renew.  2c:hi:   doh!   :facepalm: 

Edited by Henri Charriere
Minor die polishing.

On 9/13/2024 at 1:37 PM, kannerjo said:

The obverse is unremarkable.

The rim of the obverse looks a little flat to me. To me, the reverse was either abraded purposely or this was stuck in a position in a dryer or other machinery where the reverse took the abuse of something in motion.