• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$20,00 bill is different
1 1

5 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2024 at 3:40 PM, MikeLT said:

I have a $20.00 Dollar bill with a large star over the serial number is it special?20240905_110111.thumb.jpg.916cd95c13d7d97328fd7f55d0336673.jpg

20240905_110058.jpg

Interesting... a starred note that is NOT a Starred note.

The large star is likely the product of someone with a star rubber stamp, ink pad... and time on his hands.

The bill was printed at the Fort Worth BEP facility for a California Federal Reserve District, L12  (possibly San Francisco).

Even if it were an authentic starred note (used to denote a bill with the same serial number that was withdrawn from circulation, for any number of reasons) it is of a fairly new series and well worn.

I do not believe this bill to have any collector value. My explanation of the star on your bill is purely speculative.  

On 9/16/2024 at 2:49 AM, ldhair said:

Could have been used in a cash office to show the bundle had the correct count. 

[Now, now, Larry.  Read prior post. While your comment is on-Topic, the ATC has declared this air space be off-limits to discussion of matters unrelated to this Forum.]