• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 D 25c
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Hello, can someone plese help me identify where this particular coin was minted? I am aware of the damage caused by the circulation of this coin. I am not intrested in weither its valueable or not. I am nowhere close to that level of the game. I have a five-year-old nonverbal daughter with autism that is fasinated with coins.

Picture_20240808011012.jpg

Picture_20240808010935.jpg

Edited by NewEra
Photo added

A "D" mintmark on a 1972 quarter or any other U.S. coin dated 1906 or after indicates that the coin was minted at the branch U.S. Mint located in Denver, Colorado. This is a common coin with a reported mintage of 311,067,032. 

My friend, take consolation in the fact your question on this Forum is rarely encountered.

You expressed no curiosity regarding the colors your daughter found so enchanting, and thus did not post a photo. Was it the copper cladding, or something on its surface?

Most remarkable, you expressed no interest in the value of the coin and palmed off a possible ERROR, as mere damage. On this Forum, it seems most of the inquisitive seekers of knowledge are absolutely convinced their coin displays an error and are blinded by all the dollar bills in their eyes.

You have a great future in this hobby and your daughter is very fortunate to have a father who made inquiry on her behalf.

Tou are a truly exceptional father.  My only regret is I do not have a coin with psychedelic toning to send to you to give to your little one. May God bless you both!

Edited by Henri Charriere
Die polishing

Hello and as your query was answered, I am simply wondering what other coins your daughter has expressed a liking to, or is it any of the modern coins currently made?

On 8/30/2024 at 3:18 AM, l.cutler said:

You can also look into inexpensive world coins, many have beautiful designs that may intrigue her.

Excellent suggestion. Take her to a coin shop, and let her look through the dealer's box/bowl of world coins. Most shops have them, and I have seen them range anywhere from a dollar apiece down to six for a dollar. If I run across a coin shop somewhere when I'm with my wife, that's what she likes to do while I am talking coins or looking through the dealer's selection. She goes through the bin, picks out the ones with designs that she likes, and gets however many she can get for a couple of bucks.

That is great!!! The world coin suggestion was excellent too! Also, if you have a local coin shop, or just want to shop for one on eBay, I am sure she would be fascinated by the look of an ultra cameo proof. Maybe a half dollar one. You can get an older one such as a 1995 Kennedy Half Dollar proof for less than $10.

On 8/30/2024 at 9:32 PM, powermad5000 said:

That is great!!! The world coin suggestion was excellent too! Also, if you have a local coin shop, or just want to shop for one on eBay, I am sure she would be fascinated by the look of an ultra cameo proof. Maybe a half dollar one. You can get an older one such as a 1995 Kennedy Half Dollar proof for less than $10.

Wow. For years the 1995 Silver Proof half dollar was a semi-key. I see it has fallen waaaay back. The clad was not run up much at all.