• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipwreck attribution and submission process

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently purchased an eight escudo recovered from the Uruguay River Plate.  The coin comes with a letter from the company packaging the coin with a replica gold bar from the wreck.  My question is whether NGC will accept the receipt and sourcing letter from the original sale?  Does NGC only cover certain wrecks?  

Thank you in advance.

• Administrator

Hello @ScottZ, thank you for contacting us. Hope you are doing well! Currently, NGC does typically only attribute certain shipwrecks, but this may be one we will accept with your proof of purchase/COA. If you choose to submit the coin, please send in a copy of the purchase agreement and letter (not the originals) and this will be reviewed upon receipt.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

On 8/26/2024 at 9:14 AM, KaileeS CS said:

Hello @ScottZ, thank you for contacting us. Hope you are doing well! Currently, NGC does typically only attribute certain shipwrecks, but this may be one we will accept with your proof of purchase/COA. If you choose to submit the coin, please send in a copy of the purchase agreement and letter (not the originals) and this will be reviewed upon receipt.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!

Thank you for the swift reply.  I'll forward the submission with a note indicating the desire for attribution if possible.  Regardless, I'll have coin graded.  Thank you!