• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slot approval for 6782377-087
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I'm requesting approval for my 2023 w congratulations set silver eagle with the ANA label designation to be approved for slot 210, varieties & special pedigrees, but the coin continues to be approved for slot 212, a silver eagle ANA First Day. The coin label specifically states Congratulation Set, First Day, ANA. My previous requests seem to be overlooked. Can you help. Thank you

• Administrator

Hello @Mr. D's Collection.

Thanks for your interest. A coin may only qualify or be available in one slot per competitive set. The label you reference has two varieties, Congratulations Set and ANA. Since the ANA label is more difficult to acquire, the senior team has chosen to make this coin eligible in ANA slot, not the Congratulations Set slot. I hope the explanation helps. 

Hi Ali, thank you for your response.  I already have an ANA First Day coin to fill this slot in #212.  The slot I want to fill is #210 which is for a congratulation set silver eagle with the ANA designation. NGC has graded 269 with this label. #6782377-087 meets all the criteria required for slot 210 and I don't understand why this coin isn't approved for this slot also. Please discuss with your senior team to have this approved or a detailed explanation why this coin does not comply.  First Day of Issue should not be factor.  Thank you for your support.

• Administrator

Hello @Mr. D's Collection.

Thank you for the feedback. The nature of the NGC Registry software program is such that a coin can only fill one slot within a competitive NGC Registry set. With a label that has two items listed, the coin can only "live" in one place in the NGC Registry set. There is no way to work around this functionality. Based upon the feedback of many collectors and upon the NGC census, the senior team made the judgment call for the 2023 W First Day ANA Congratulations Set Proof coin to "live" in the ANA slot. Our apologies for any inconvenience.