• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

let's pretend you have a roll set of lincolns...

5 posts in this topic

as in you've got a roll of 1909, a roll of 1909vdb, 1910, 10s, etc.. all the way up to 2004. like 200+ rolls. they're all there, minus the keys.. who has a roll of 14D's anyway. but you've got let's say 11pds, 12pds, 13pds, 14ps, 15pds, 22d, 24d, etc etc.. like 100 pounds of coins. worth let's say $5000.. and you had to sell it, you can't keep it.

would you put it on ebay as a whole.. something unique, don't see that too often.

or put up a bunch of auctions and sell them in single rolls, or batches of PDS.

the goal is to simply make as much $ as you can with it..

i hate to 'show off' but this is the task i have at hand here, selling it for the boss.. i can't figure out which would be the best way to do this, and it's kinda up to me.. i'm 50/50. one big auction would catch some attention, but how many buyers are looking for that? listing them individually would certainly work, and may bring in more, but it's not as fun... who knows, maybe there are a lot of people out there that have thought about doing it, and here's their chance to get it all at once.. so it may attract a lot of action.... i'm... torn..

what do you guys think...

One huge auction would be a novelty item; I think you'd be lucky to get any bids on it (unless you started it low without a reserve).

I think the best way to sell them would be individual rolls.

I once sold off a roll-set, though it was not even as complete as you describe. After paying individual shipping for mostly single rolls, I ate up just about all the profits.

One huge lump-sum auction is the way to go. GOOD LUCK!

James