• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Question about a 1920 D Lincoln Cent
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hard to tell if that is something on the surface, or if it is a lamination. Bill says it is raised, so either thing could be raised. I think I see an S mintmark if you look hard enough in the area, but even whether D or S, other than for proper identification, this cent in VF either way it would not make much difference in value.

I suppose if it is some kind of glue, a short dip in acetone would solve that problem.

The 2 took the brunt of the hit. The 9 and 0 appear flattened.  Localized collateral damage.  No evidence of any mint mark.

Definitely appears it took a heavy blow, and the weight of it remained as it exited rolling metal as it left. 

Edited by Numisdoclaw
Spelling

Looks like a damaged 1920-S, the line that passes through the numeral 0 is too straight and clean.   Laminations are seldom that straight and with a clean edge.