• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1926 Mercury dime mint errors
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have a 1926 Mercury dime mint error //s over d// a lot of people said it's not right they might be a counterfeiting but it's not my point come from my grandfather he passed away he was 92 years old I know a little bit about pennies but not quarters and stuff we had a bunch of silver quarter dollars and half dollars what I'm asking about the Mercury dime have you heard anything about the Mercury I'm being mint error s over d.. I really need help selling my coins I have to bury my mother and my father and I don't have money for it but I have a lot of coins I need help with to sell them can you guys help me sell them and I'll pay you guys I can't trust everybody some guy took off with one of my coins and the lady said that point was worth $3,000 I just don't want to get my coins to somebody that I don't know can you tell me about this time please thank you

Screenshot_20240728-225646.png

Screenshot_20240728-225647.png

Screenshot_20240728-225654.png

• Administrator

Hello @MottyThank you for contacting us. NGC is a coin-grading company. We do not buy, sell, or value coins. You can find out more about our company online at About NGC | NGC Coin Grading | NGC. You may want to consider taking the coin to a currency dealer to see if they can help appraise the coin for you. A list of NGC-Authorized dealers can be found here: Dealer Locator | NGC.

If you are interested in submitting coin to us for grading, you can find out more about the process at How to Submit | NGC (ngccoin.com) and our grading fees at NGC Services and Fees | NGC (ngccoin.com).

If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thank You!

Normally, I would welcome this first-time participant to the NGC chat board, identify on which forums advice might be obtained from our members, provide my own evaluation of the posted coin, and respond to the inquiries made. However, by posting what is obviously one image superimposed over another in a spurious effort to create a non-existent overmintmark variety, the participant has demonstrated a lack of honesty that does not merit the benefit of our knowledge and experience. I won't speculate on the participant's motivations and bid him or her farewell.