• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning re expired credit card on your account!

4 posts in this topic

If you have an expired (or replaced due to fraud) credit card on file, NGC will try to charge it anyway - EVEN if you write the NEW card# on the submission form.  It then errors out and you have to update the credit card on the submission.

---------------------------------------

Nothing shows poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape.

On 7/26/2024 at 9:08 PM, bstrauss3 said:

If you have an expired (or replaced due to fraud) credit card on file, NGC will try to charge it anyway - EVEN if you write the NEW card# on the submission form.  It then errors out and you have to update the credit card on the submission.

I had this issue with my last submission as I had received a new card with a new expiration after I already made the submission and it was accepted into the NGC system. I got an email that the card was declined. When I called the number on the card, they said there was no history of it being declined. The email from NGC said I only had 24 hours to straighten it out or my submission would be returned to me. I had to go into my account that night and change the info there and I had issues finding where in my account the right place to do it. I did manage to get it done, however.

PRO TIP : When you get a new card for the one you use for submitting to NGC, call customer service the next day, or ASAP and get it straight with a customer service rep as there is no guarantee you will get it straight online in the timeframe NGC gives you.

Good tip.

Here's another. If you don't buy anything NGC will not try to access your credit card. ;)