• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1959 Lincoln Penny
1 1

9 posts in this topic

"Ordinary." Worth about 2-cents in copper.

Absolutely cannot tell anything from those pics. Please provide properly oriented, fully cropped, clear photos of both sides of the coin, and reduce the harsh lighting.

If you took these with the flash on, please turn it off.

Edited by powermad5000

On 7/26/2024 at 4:04 PM, Coinbuf said:

Impossible to say from your photos as they are blown out with too much light.   If you want us to opine you need to show us good images like this image of one of my Lincoln cents.

1933ccomp.jpg

Very nice ‘33. Damn fine. 

How would you grade this coin?

Ungradeable from pictures supplied. No way of seeing any detail with all the reflection.

Perhaps you might do some basic research on the internet to find the value of the coin. Not sure if you want to be told what grade the coin would get at NGC or what your motivation was to post on this chat board? Even if the coin is graded MS 65, which your coin does not appear to be an MS 65, the listed value is slightly more than $1. More than 610 million coins were minted! IMHO, it is not worth paying for shipping both ways and grading fee which will run $50-75 for this coin alone. Look on Ebay, there is a 1959 NGC MS 65 RD 1C Lincoln for sale for $9.99 (+$5.15 S/H). It would seem to me that buying a lower priced coin already graded MS 65 or higher would be a better route for a collector. If you plan on selling your coin, please see all the coins available ungraded for very little money! Whatever you plan to do, good luck!

1959LincolnCent.thumb.png.0711a584cfeac63e36616c38d7873062.png

If I may, I should like to pose a question of my own...  In light of the remarks made by the gentleman two posts down from your own upthread, characterized as always by its utter simplicity, succinctness, and crystal clear unambiguous, delivery, why would you allow yourself to yield to the irresistible, but inevitably fruitless quest, to validate your apparently mistaken belief that your coin has value beyond melt and mysticism?