• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 d small date
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I have these 1982 d small date and I think its pure in copper heard that it's extremely expensive and valuable 

1721801985989732844019788465403.jpg

That is a Large Date. Did you weigh it to two decimal points, it looks like it could be copper plated zinc.

After seeing a better picture, I agree it is a small date but still looks like a zincoin.

Edited by Greenstang

Hello and welcome!

I think a better photo is needed of your coin. I tried to use my phone to enhance your image and I think it is a small date but I can't tell for sure.

NOTE!!!! : ONLY handle coins you think that are valuable by their edges! Do not allow the surface of the coin to rest on your skin as in the photo above. You can impart your skin oils to the surface and damage the surface.

Now that I have admonished you for holding a potentially valuable coin like that, place the coin on a neutral colored surface, and use a pop can or can of corn to rest the phone on with the coin properly lit and take the photo. This will help the picture from getting blurry. If you are still having difficulty, you may need to turn your auto focus setting off. Next, go into your phone's photo settings app and use the photo editing software to crop your photo right up to the edges of the coin. This will help the photo be in the acceptable file size but also should provide a larger, clear photo of your coin.

If this coin is a 1982 D Small Date Lincoln Memorial cent, it will need to be weighed to two decimal places (hundredth or 0.01) grams. 

On 7/24/2024 at 1:41 PM, l.cutler said:

Welcome to the forum.  Picture is very blurry but looks like a large date.

No, it's a small date

On 7/24/2024 at 6:49 PM, Halbrook Family said:

what other coins do you have in your collection?

I don't have much as I have handed it to my friends as a gift.

Bdw I do belong from india and I have lots of Indian coins only

As I said, crop the photo right up to the edges of the coin. We don't need to see the table it is laying on.

At least this time, I am able to see better that it is a small date 1982 D Lincoln Memorial cent.

Next, what is the weight to two decimal places (hundredths or 0.01g)? If it weighs anywhere between 2.38g - 2.62g it is copper-plated zinc and it's worth will be face value.

On 7/25/2024 at 12:44 PM, powermad5000 said:

As I said, crop the photo right up to the edges of the coin. We don't need to see the table it is laying on.

At least this time, I am able to see better that it is a small date 1982 D Lincoln Memorial cent.

Next, what is the weight to two decimal places (hundredths or 0.01g)? If it weighs anywhere between 2.38g - 2.62g it is copper-plated zinc and it's worth will be face value.

I will weight on it and let you know