• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non NGC and PCGS coins
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi. Just a couple query's. I see there is no place to add ANACS or other graded coins in the "Add Coins" section. I'm wondering if/when this will be available. I have several ANACS and CAC graded coins.

Thanks John

Welcome to the NGC chat board.

The NGC Registry only allows NGC certified coins and PCGS certified U.S. (not world) coins.

No one to my knowledge offers a registry for ANACS certified coins, including ANACS. Part of the reason that ANACS is less expensive than the "top tier" grading services is likely that ANACS does not provide such "free" online services as registries, price guides, and educational resources.

For several years before CAC Grading started, the NGC Registry recognized otherwise eligible CAC stickered NGC and PCGS coins and gave them bonus points in the competitive registry but discontinued this last year, purportedly due to problems accessing the necessary information from the CAC website. Here is the Administrator's latest update (from last week) regarding this issue, which also holds open the possibility that the NGC Registry will someday include CAC graded coins: CAC coins in the NGC Registry - NGC Registry - NGC Coin Collectors Chat Boards.

CAC Grading recently started its own registry program, which I understand includes NGC and PCGS certified coins (with or without CAC stickers) as well as CAC graded coins.

My own preference would be that the competing grading services find a way to join forces on this issue and offer collectors a single, combined registry. We collect coins, not holders.

Edited by Sandon

Welcome to the forum, you can read the most recent updates from the NGC management about the CAC and CACG questions here.

Read here

You can add anything you want into your inventory if you use the old registry system Here the same username and login password will give you access.   However, this will only put the coins into your inventory, there never has been and I doubt there ever will be any way to use ANACS coins in the competitive registry.   There is a work around for you to use those coins in non competitive custom sets that you can setup on the old registry system.   Let me know if you want more info on how to do that.

Thanks! I've noticed that some grading companies just post, "yea, we graded it, this is it" and nothing else. Maybe with luck they also will get modernized.

On 7/21/2024 at 3:25 PM, Sandon said:

Welcome to the NGC chat board.

The NGC Registry only allows NGC certified coins and PCGS certified U.S. (not world) coins.

No one to my knowledge offers a registry for ANACS certified coins, including ANACS. Part of the reason that ANACS is less expensive than the "top tier" grading services is likely that ANACS does not provide such "free" online services as registries, price guides, and educational resources.

For several years before CAC Grading started, the NGC Registry recognized otherwise eligible CAC stickered NGC and PCGS coins and gave them bonus points in the competitive registry but discontinued this last year, purportedly due to problems accessing the necessary information from the CAC website. Here is the Administrator's latest update (from last week) regarding this issue, which also holds open the possibility that the NGC Registry will someday include CAC graded coins: CAC coins in the NGC Registry - NGC Registry - NGC Coin Collectors Chat Boards.

CAC Grading recently started its own registry program, which I understand includes NGC and PCGS certified coins (with or without CAC stickers) as well as CAC graded coins.

My own preference would be that the competing grading services find a way to join forces on this issue and offer collectors a single, combined registry. We collect coins, not holders.

I totally agree, we collect and enjoy coins, not the slabs. Yes, there has to be a way for all the grading companies to get together

On 7/21/2024 at 12:25 PM, Sandon said:

No one to my knowledge offers a registry for ANACS certified coins

Actually, there is one, Gerry Fortin has a registry on his website that will include raw and any TPG graded coin, yes even ANACS.

On 7/21/2024 at 2:48 PM, Johnbarry1 said:

I totally agree, we collect and enjoy coins, not the slabs. Yes, there has to be a way for all the grading companies to get together

No there doesn't and there is no incentive for grading companies to have an all inclusive all TPG registry.   But there are alternatives, as I noted above there is a workaround in the old NGC registry system in the custom sets where you can include any coin raw or graded by any TPG into a set.   Additionally Gerry Fortin offers an open registry concept which will include both raw and any TPG graded coin.   The drawback to Gerry's registry is the number and variety of sets are extremely limited and mostly center around seated coinage, which makes sense as he likes to deal in seated coinage primarily.   Here is a link to Gerry's registry so you can check it out, I have two type sets listed on Gerry's registry.

Gerry Fortin Registry

• Administrator

Hello @Johnbarry1.

Thank you for your interest. We only accept NGC coins and US PCGS graded coins in competitive NGC Registry sets. You may add ANACS coins to Custom NGC Registry Sets at collectors-society.com. We have included directions on how to create a Custom Set, in case you are interested. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.