• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968d d/d/d or rpm
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum

It can’t be a Doubled Die as it hand punched.   
If it is a RPM, then it would be a variety, not an error.  
I haven’t checked the RPM listings (I will leave that up to you)    
but it looks like worthless Machine Doubling that has bounced twice.   
No matter what it is, it is not worth the $55-60.00 to get graded.

In the future please include a complete photo of the coin, sometimes there
are markers in other areas that can help.

VV has no listed RPM's for the 68-D quarter, also please note the obvious machine doubling that is shown on the letters below the mint mark.   This is; as noted by greenstang; just simple machine doubling on the mintmark, not worth the money to send to NGC for grading.

I agree that this is likely machine doubling and not a repunched mintmark. Even if this were a repunched mintmark, NGC generally does not attribute varieties that are not listed on VarietyPlus, which includes varieties listed in certain other references. See What is a Variety? | NGC (ngccoin.com).

Hello and welcome to the forum!

First off, would be an RPM and if it was an RPM, it would only be a D/D. I see only two lines at the left.

Could you please submit a fully cropped photo of the reverse as well as some closeups of the reverse lettering in different areas?

There are a couple varieties for a 1968 D Washington Quarter with a DDR. It is seen in all of the lettering on one variety and in OF A in UNITES STATES OF AMERICA on the other. I cannot tell from your reverse photo if it could possibly be either of these.