• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow. Crazy find!
1 1

6 posts in this topic

So I recently got back into collecting. I’ve been kind of a little obsessive actually. This is really cool though. I stumbled upon a couple of 1982 penny’s…YAY! But this one…. lol I LOVE! I guarantee this is one of a kind!!! 1982 Lincoln Large Date. Copper. Yes weighed in at 3.1g. Check out the toning mark though. Has anyone else seen Lincoln’s shadow behind him? Or should I say profile?

IMG_7691.jpeg

Welcome to the NGC chat board. As the NGC Registry forum is intended for topics relating to the certified coin registry, a topic like this would be better suited for the "Newbie Coin Collecting Questions" forum or the "U.S., World, and Ancient Coins" forum.

I don't know what you find "cool" about a common 1982 cent with a corrosion stain that you imagine resembling Lincoln's shadow or profile, but "to each his own". 

Welcome to the forum
Yes, it is one of a kind, most stained coins are but it doesn’t add any value,   
in fact if it was an expensive coin, it would decrease the value.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

As it stands, each coin is basically unique in that each has different levels of wear, abrasions, marks, hits, ect.

Since your given weight is only to the tenth of a gram, I would only think your scale is rounding the weight either up or down. I would think your cent weighs what a normal 1982 Bronze Lincoln Cent weighs. You should weigh coins with a scale that weighs to the hundredth of a gram (0.01g).

While you may be seeing another image of Abe, I see a large spot of heavy corrosion. If you think this cent is neat, then keep it in a cardboard flip.

On 7/10/2024 at 11:08 AM, Just Bob said:

That's not Abe. It's Mark Twain wearing sunglasses.

On 7/10/2024 at 11:08 AM, Just Bob said:

That's not Abe. It's Mark Twain wearing sunglasses.

Pareidolia to its perfection.