• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Voto quarter.what to expect.to.sell on ebaypike head and anothercrac
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Let me add these pictures ti assure you it is. I have worked on fighter jets for 30 years as an engineer. I will show where it is  propagated, and definitely know the difference in that vs a scratch. 

So when you see the photos, call can share your thoughts and opinions on the value.  As you can see in this new vantage point, the die is above and over the rim rippling and the end of it south side. 

Thanks,.appreciate your time and knowledge. 

20240702_001137.jpg

Screenshot_20240702_021154_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240702_021220_Gallery.jpg

Think about it. A die crack is a crack in the die that struck the coin. The pressure of striking causes metal to flow into the crack, and this metal must appear as a raised, not depressed area on the coin with the only raised metal along its sides. The only other mint caused thing it could be would be a "strikethrough" of a foreign object on the die or planchet, but that wouldn't have the raised metal along its sides either. Based on your images, it is clearly a scratch.

This coin is scratched. I am sorry but it is. If you refuse to believe that, as there were how many posts about this just to get to these photos, and yet, you still are holding to the fact that it was struck with a broken die, then you should submit this coin to NGC and pay the postage, fees, and handling costs to have it graded. If we all are wrong, then return to this post and show us the coin in the slab with the grade on it and we will stand corrected.