• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DDO/DDR ? Dr. Murray 24 Quarter?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2024 at 6:06 PM, Mike Meenderink said:

Hello and welcome to the forum. The coin you have posted shows no evidence of Die Doubling either obverse or reverse. What you are seeing is commonly referred to as machine doubling or mechanical doubling. This is not true die doubling and this common quality control issue has affected millions of coins throughout the history of the mints. It is not considered to be collectable by knowledgeable collectors and is only worth face value of 25 cents. Cheers!

I accidentally posted twice. So the lettering is also mechanical doubling? Wow I am going to study

Son let me ask this. Most of the reverse design is supposed to be set in the coins instead of the traditional raised design. The word LIBERTY is completely offset and you can see it shifted with what looks like two letters. I have seen the mechanical where it looks like it may be mechanical but even that drastic, that is still not doubled? Man I just don't understand. I appreciate thebfeeback as always. Appreciate the honest feedback. I was excited but I am going home to study for more details. It won't be ETSEY, EBAY, or any bs research. I am trying so hard to understand so guys I appreciate your patients. 

On 6/23/2024 at 7:42 PM, Henri Charriere said:

FWIW:   It's...

• Etsy (Capital E followed by lower-case letters.)

ebay (All lower case letters.)

• patience not patients.  :sumo:  :whatthe:  :preach: :whistle:

Wasn't trying to be snippy. I am OK with getting tough feedback. Looking at the above post and then looking at the BER in LIBERTY does it not look that way? Thanks for that grammar check. I get the main double die varieties but just when you think "hey those look completely offset" it still turns out to be mechanical. Lol. I will read every article you guys provide and am grateful for you guys responding even when I get frustrated. Thank you all so very much. I love this and want to get good at it.