• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toured the Denver Mint on Thursday

2 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2024 at 8:49 PM, VKurtB said:

There were no tours on Juneteenth, a Wednesday. Our ANA tour was the following day, Thursday. Federal employees all. Guess how much activity was apparent on the Thursday after a Wednesday holiday. I imagine the July 5 tours will see even less activity. Not a single press, nor conveyor of blanks, nor upsetting machine, was moving. But there was ONE ROOM where activity was abuzz. The robots that pack SPECIALLY STRUCK Denver circulation-style coins for 2024 Uncirculated Sets and the humans inspecting the finished holders were chugging away, doing their duties. The new information I got was that Uncirculated Sets are now containing specially struck coins struck at a far lower speed and higher striking pressure than "intended for circulation" counterparts are. Who knew and didn't tell?

Thanks for this info. It is always great to have information first hand and not hearsay.

I'll have to take a look at those. Interested then to see what they will look like.