• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Pedigree
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2024 at 8:23 AM, Redline68 said:

It's best to get things like this encapsulated.  That way they can't incidentally touch other unlucky coins and lose potency.

I'm thinking of getting one of these graded with the pedigree of " One Bad Penny". xD

The pedigree is misleading, possibly making the coin seem important or special in some way to people. It's up for auction starting at $39.99 plus $4.31 shipping, there is currently one bid.

I'm surprised NGC let this go through.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

On 6/11/2024 at 7:57 AM, Redline68 said:

I agree. 

To me, it gives off home shopping network vibes.

Unfortunately, NGC has been moving in that direction for quite some time, in my opinion. Being bought out by an investment firm certainly hasn't helped. NGCX, their association with Vaultbox, and the affiliation with CFC and their pawn-shop-like gold loans have done nothing but cheapen the brand.

Well, "nothing" is probably the wrong word to use. I'm sure they have managed to make money for their investors.

Wrong date?  Oops, there it is! There's your pretext.  Civilized man no longer has to kowtow to the whimsy of others.

ASSERT YOURSELF!

Request the date be corrected and the gratuitous blarney be dispensed with.

Bailiff, call the next case!