• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two Cent Pieces--Circulation Strike Set 1864-1872
1 1

9 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2024 at 2:15 PM, ldhair said:

Fun group of coins. 

...agree, the 2c, 3c n early nickels provide a "playground" area for those that want to collect short sets n dont have the time, resources or inclination to get into the more complex series....

On 6/7/2024 at 10:17 AM, zadok said:

...agree, the 2c, 3c n early nickels provide a "playground" area for those that want to collect short sets n dont have the time, resources or inclination to get into the more complex series....

Complexity?  There's a $4. PROOF "Stella" on eBay right now. Price?  In excess of $200,000. Even if I had all the time, money and wherewithall to acquire it, I wouldn't pick one up for 2c. Know why?  I can't stand that misshapen star on the reverse. So right off the bat, that's out. I love everything about two-cent pieces. 

I have one . Was raw when I found it but Anacs gave it an  xf 45 details. Corroded. The 2 cent piece is an odd duck which is why I bought it 10 years ago. 150 or something close. 

Excellent full set Sandon! (thumbsu

I do not have nearly the full set of these, but I also did not know what I was acquiring when I won this piece at auction. Apparently this is a very difficult variety to find. As of right now, NGC has only certified 2 in BN, none in RB, and none in RD that were straight graded and only 1 in details grade (UNC Details which is this coin that I own). Despite the details designation I feel proud to own this particular piece seeing just how few have been certified of this particular variety.

IMG_20161130_135016.jpg