• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1946 Philadelphia wheat penny can any experts tell me anything about it
1 1

8 posts in this topic

What would you like to know about it?   
As stated, a nice looking 1946 Philadelphia mint cent. With over 991 million struck, doesn’t hold too much value.

Posted (edited)

Welcome , A good looking cent as the others have said. It is always good to check out each coin. You will see that most coins are only worth face value, unless it is exceptional.

Edited by J P M

Yes, there are a fair number of solid BU rolls of 1946 cents out there. 

It really is better to ask a specific question about a coin rather than ask if we can tell you anything about it.  I'll just add that the coin appears to be in About Uncirculated condition. This month's Coin World Values lists a 1946 Lincoln cent grading AU 58 at all of 25 cents, but, as others have indicated, it's still a decent coin for a new or casual collector's album or folder.

I am not an "expert" but as a certified rank amateur, would like to make two observations...

Every so-called "wheat" cent has risen in copper melt value.  There hasn't been one worth only face value in years. If you come across any, regardless of condition, set it aside.

The other observation I wished to make was, for a non-Denver minted coin, it has attractive, comparatively smooth fields and high rims which I refer to as "High-Wires."

It would make a fine addition to any album.