• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholdering Question
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have recently added this gorgeous dime to my collection. Sadly, her holder is not in good shape. I have polished it the holder but the scratches still take away from the beauty of the coin.... I have never considered a reholdering before. Will the coin have to be graded again? I am happy with the grade it has and don't want to risk the possibility of a lesser grade.

1878.jpg

• Administrator

Hi @Aberdumbie,

Thank you for contacting us. We do offer a reholder service where a coin can be placed into a new holder. The fee is $13 for coins valued up to $10,000, and $50 for anything valued above $10,000.  Details can be viewed at NGC Reholders. A paid membership is required to submit reholder service.  Membership tiers and pricing can be found at Join NGC. Please note, the grade assigned to the coin should not change, unless any damage occurred post-encapsulation, in which case the grade will be adjusted accordingly. To qualify, the coin must still be encapsulated in its original NGC holder.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!