• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody Here Ever Do A Presentation At A Big Coin Show ?

37 posts in this topic

The Gold Standard can be resurrected but only if the transition is unpublicized. Fat chance of that happening, but if it does, enquiring minds via The Enquirer, will be the first to know.

On 5/6/2024 at 9:01 PM, Henri Charriere said:

The Gold Standard can be resurrected but only if the transition is unpublicized. Fat chance of that happening, but if it does, enquiring minds via The Enquirer, will be the first to know.

The political and social turmoil caused by an INTERNAL adjusment to exogenous economic dislocation -- rising unemployment, downward pressure on wages/prices, rising interest rates, banking crises -- are much tougher to accept than an EXTERNAL adjustment based on inflation, reversing The Denominator Effect, and a falling exchange rate.

We saw that with the EU and the Euro and it's why the U.S., UK, and others all had to depart the official gold (exchange) standard from 1929-36.

Feel free to let me know what kind of information or slides you'd want to see in a presentation of Saint-Gaudens DEs in particular...or more generally....gold coins.  (thumbsu

I'm trying to cover all the angles but want to know if something of interest stands out to some of you who may have attended presentations in the past, both good and bad, and thus know what you want (or don't want xD).

On 5/7/2024 at 12:39 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Feel free to let me know what kind of information or slides you'd want to see in a presentation of Saint-Gaudens DEs in particular...or more generally....gold coins.  (thumbsu

I'm trying to cover all the angles but want to know if something of interest stands out to some of you who may have attended presentations in the past, both good and bad, and thus know what you want (or don't want xD).

Excellent approach - learn from the past to make the future better.

Bumping this ahead of the Spam/Malware Threads that have now moved from Currency to Coins. :mad: