• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1924 Liberty One Dollar Coin
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have this 1924 liberty one dollar coin that has a very obvious double die on the front on the O and the D in the word GOD anycthought on the value or is it even worth grading it. Thoughts please?

20240202_135851.jpg

20240202_140042.jpg

Welcome to the forum, as you are new you may not be aware that NGC staff are not able to provide guidance on values or grades from photos.   I see no evidence in your photos of any true die doubling, just a bit of minor and worthless strike doubling. The mint struck over 11 million Peace dollars in 1924, these coins are very common and only have high values when in exceptional condition.   Your coin shows clear signs of circulation wear and marks and would not grade higher than AU, well below exceptional condition.   Common Peace dollars in circulated condition like yours get most of their value from the silver content and trade/sell close to the spot price of silver.   So today your coin is worth $30-$35 to most buyers in the coin market, a bit less would be offered by a dealer or silver junk buyer.

It would cost you upwards of $60 to submit your coin for grading and it would still be worth only $30-$35 dollars once you got it back.   Your call but I would not choose to spend twice the value of my coin on grading and certification.